Who will my professors be?
College Mission Statement
The College of Nursing & Health Sciences seeks to prepare diverse health professionals who are culturally competent leaders committed to discovering and applying innovative solutions that promote health and quality of life for individuals, communities, and populations. The College’s mission is accomplished through multidisciplinary partnerships which connect research, student-centered teaching and learning, advocacy, and professional discovery to prepare students for a wide range of career paths and graduate studies. The College of Nursing & Health Sciences places a high priority on its students, staff, and faculty adopting the following set of values: 1) Integrity in word and action, 2) Collaboration to reach our goals, 3) Diversity of thought, perspective, and culture, and 4) Accessibility to optimize student engagement.
Program Mission Statement
The health and human performance program seeks to prepare graduate students for careers focused on improving access to and quality of health services provided to clients by using the interaction between sociocultural variables, resource availability, and programming strategies to promote health, wellness, and physical performance. Furthermore, the program is dedicated to respecting individual diversity and engaging the community by exposing students to a variety of healthcare settings, practitioners, and patient populations.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Students will integrate knowledge, skills, and values from the arts and sciences
- Students will engage in critical and creative dialogue through discovery, analysis, and communication.
- Students will work collaboratively through interprofessional teams and individually to provide or accommodate quality care to clients across the lifespan in a variety of settings.
- Students will demonstrate respect for the diversity of individuals, groups, and communities.
- Through civic engagement and ethical reasoning, students will demonstrate responsible, global citizenship by upholding high professional standards.
- Students will demonstrate personal growth across their professional preparation.