Best fit for:
Professional Educators who wish to be in administration
Our Graduate Admissions team can help!
P: 706-778-8500 x1352
P: 706-778-8500 x1231
Professional Educators whose goals include serving as a school administrator may wish to consider a program in Educational Leadership with an emphasis on instructional leadership.
At Piedmont, we offer two options for students interested in pursuing certification in Educational Leadership:
Tier One Educational Leadership Certification Program: comprised of eight, three-credit hour courses, for a total of 24 credit hours. In addition to course work at the post-master’s degree level, candidates will complete a performance-based internship and take the Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Educators (GACE) assessments in educational leadership.
Individuals must currently hold the Education Specialist (Ed.S.) degree in Curriculum and Instruction. The certification program requires a total of 24 credits (12 in addition to the 30 credits earned in the Ed.S. degree program in Curriculum and Instruction). Candidates who hold an Ed.S. degree from another, regionally accredited institution may be considered for admission to the Educational Leadership Certification program, but may, at the discretion of the faculty, be required to complete additional course work in curriculum and instruction and pass the GACE assessments in Curriculum and Instruction.
- Graduate Admissions Application
- Official, final transcript for the college or university awarding the Education Specialist degree
- Three professional references; one each from:
- The Applicant's Current Principal or Superintendent
- Former instructor
- Professional colleague
- Copy of current educator certificate issued by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission. Candidates from independent schools should submit a letter from the principal of head of school verifying full-time employment as a teacher or educational administrator. (Note: candidates not currently certified in Georgia who are seeking certification must contact the Georgia Professional Standards Commission.)
- Professional Activities Resume
- Personal Affirmation Form
What classes will I take?
You might also be interested in one of these programs.
Doctor of Education
Elementary Education – Certification
Art Education – Certification
Individuals who have a degree and background in art can pursue course work and experiences in order to be eligible for state certification as an art educator. …Explore this Major