Best fit for:
Individuals who hold a degree but do not wish to pursue a master’s degree may elect to pursue a sequence of studies that will enable them to be eligible for recommendation for teacher certification.
Our Graduate Admissions team can help!
P: 706-778-8500 x1352
Individuals who have a degree and background in art may wish to pursue course work and the requisite clinical experiences in order to be eligible for state certification as an art educator. Based upon a transcript analysis, the program coordinator will develop an individual program of studies with the candidate. Additionally, candidates must take EDUC 5599 – Graduate Orientation, and pass all state-required assessments in order to be recommended for certification.
A minimum of a master’s degree with a 2.5 cumulative GPA from an accredited college or university is required for Elementary, Middle Grades, Secondary, Special Education and Music Education. A minimum of a bachelor degree with a 2.5 cumulative GPA from an accredited college or university is required for certification in Middle Grades Education.
- Graduate Admissions Application
- Official, final transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Two Professional References
- Personal Affirmation Form
- If you are a returning BA or MA Educational Studies graduate from Piedmont University, you may return within five years as a certification only student. A prerequisite for admission as a certification-only student is successful completion of the appropriate GACE content tests.
(If you currently hold a professional teacher certification and want to add another certification, you may apply for the Certification Only program with only a BA degree)