We're here to help!
The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Council recognizes important dates throughout the year and supports CAB events to celebrate diversity across campus. The DEI Council also offers several professional development sessions throughout the year to offer students, faculty, and staff opportunities to learn about LGBTQ+ identities, gender and sexuality, and examine prejudice, assumptions, and privilege.
- 8/9: International Day of the World’s Indigenous People
- 8/26: Women’s Equality Day
- 8/26: Women’s Equality Day CAB Event
- 9/1-9/30: Hispanic Heritage Month
- 9/19: Hispanic Heritage Night CAB Event
- 9/4-9/10: Suicide Prevention Week
- 10/1-10/31: Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- 10/1-10/31: LGBTQ History Month
- 10/19: Pride Walk
- 10/11: National Indigenous Peoples’ Day
- 11/1-11/30: National Native American, American Indian, and Alaskan Native Heritage Month
- 11/1: Dia De Los Muertos CAB Event
- 11/20: Transgender Day of Remembrance
- 11/29: Tree & Menorah Lighting CAB Event
- 12/1-12/31: Universal Human Rights Month
- 12/3: International Day for People with Disabilities
Upcoming Professional Development Dates:
We are still planning professional development dates for the 2022-2023 academic year. Dates will be posted here once they are confirmed.