The Demorest campus Fitness Center is located in the Student Commons! Make walking to the fitness center a part of your warm up!
We are excited to be in the Student Commons, which is complete with a rock-climbing wall and indoor gym. Please see the schedule below for fitness center hours. Class offerings and activities as well as time of class, and instructors are subject to change. If you would like a class time or type you don’t see, please suggest it, and we will do our best to accommodate you. All instructors have been certified in group instruction and CPR. In addition, the staff of the FC can now offer the Piedmont Community the following classes including, but not limited to: HIIT, Yoga, Abs, and Cardio. We are able to expand the fitness class schedule to include morning, lunch, and late-evening classes to offer a group experience for those who may need a break from studies or encouragement in starting a fitness program.
Scanning in with the Piedmont App is required for admittance to the Fitness Center at ALL TIMES! Thank you for your cooperation.
Fitness Center Regular Hours (Demorest)
Monday – Friday: 6 AM – 11 PM
Saturday – Sunday: 11 AM – 9 PM
All new students to Piedmont University must complete and print out registration for the fitness center (found online) or complete registration in the fitness center and show Piedmont University ID. WELCOME LIONS!
Rock Wall Hours
Monday – Thursday: 6 PM – 9 PM
Fitness/Group Classes Available
Fitness classes will be offered in the Fall.
- Only current faculty, staff, and students are allowed to use the Fitness Center, Lion’s Den, Rock Wall, Racquetball Area, and Commons Gym. Visitors are only allowed to enter with an approved campus tour from Admissions or Athletics.
- All patrons must sign the Fitness Center Participant Waiver Form before utilizing the Fitness Center, Lion’s Den, Racquetball Area, and/or the Commons Gym.
- All patrons must sign the Rock Wall Participant Waiver Form before utilizing the Rock Wall
- Patrons must scan in using their Piedmont app to each area they are utilizing (Fitness Center, Lion’s Den, Rock Wall, Racquetball Area, and Commons Gym).
- Please treat all other patrons and Fitness Center Staff with kindness and respect.
- Report any injury immediately a Campus Recreation staff member.
- Report any equipment problem immediately to a Campus Recreation staff member.
- Please use a spotter when lifting. If you do not have a spotter, please ask the Fitness Center student worker for assistance.
- Equipment must be used properly. If you are unsure how to use a piece of equipment properly, please speak with a CRW staff member.
- Sanitize machines and weights after each use by using provided sanitary wipes located throughout building.
- Proper clothing must be worn at all times. This includes wearing a top, bottoms, and closed-toe shoes. Attire policies will be strictly enforced to ensure a welcoming and clean environment and to prevent damage to equipment or floors. Listed below are specifics to this policy:
o Top or altered shirts must cover the chest and nipples.
o Shorts must cover the buttocks and groin area at all times. Jeans, cargo pants, dress suits, or cut-off shorts are not allowed, as they can damage the equipment.
o Appropriate gym footwear such as athletic shoes must be worn at all times. All shoes must be closed toe and bare feet or socks only is strictly prohibited. Specific prohibited shoes: sandals, Crocs, high heels, work boots, flip flops, etc.
- Disrupting or interfering with the workout of another patron is not permitted. Fitness Center staff reserve the right to interfere with workout if policies are not being followed.
- Return weights and accessories to racks after you are finished with them. Do not leave any weights leaning against walls, mirrors, or machines
- Throwing medicine balls/weight balls against the wall, ground, or mirrors in any area of the Fitness Center or Commons Gym is strictly prohibited.
- WEIGHT ROOM – It is recommended that weight is not dropped from height. Weight should always be lowered carefully whenever possible to prevent injury. Dropping weight can only be performed if the bar/weight is at or below the mid-thigh height. Drops from above the mid-thigh height and/or purposely slamming of bars and weights is strictly prohibited.
- TRACK – Absolutely no weight can be dropped or slammed on the track. Weight plates and free weights are allowed to be brought to the track for exercises, but no barbells are allowed on the track.
- Cardio Machines cannot be used when the Fitness Center is closed
- Be mindful of time using weight racks, free weights, or specific machines, especially during a high-volume usage time.
- Do not remove any equipment from facility including free weights, plates, stability/medicine balls or cable accessories without prior approval from Assistant Director of Student Life.
- No Food or Drinks are allowed in the Fitness Center, Commons Gym, Rock Wall, and Racquetball Court. Water is allowed in a closed container.
- NO PROFANE OR LOUD MUSIC is to be played from the speaker. Personal headphones/earbuds are allowed.
Any misuse of facilities, inappropriate behavior/language, and/or disrespectful behavior to any CRW student or professional staff can result in loss of privilege to utilize the Fitness Center, Lion’s Den, and/or other CRW services.
The intramural sports program provides opportunities for students to participate in sports for recreation and leisure purposes. All students, both novice and experienced, are encouraged to participate. We offer sports such as volleyball, flag football, basketball, racquetball, ping-pong, soccer, and more! Sign-ups for Intramurals will be posted on the Piedmont App and posters around campus.
Lion's Den Rentals
At the Lion’s Den, we have lots of different items you can rent. From tents to board games, we have it all!
To check out wellness equipment, present your Piedmont College I.D. card at the Lion’s Den desk in the Commons. All equipment is signed out and returned at the Lion’s Den the same day. All camping equipment must be returned 72 hours after check out.
- KAN JAM
- AIR PUMPS
- TENNIS BALL
- POUND STICKS
- SPEED LADDER
- BOXING GLOVES
- INDOOR SOCCER
- TENNIS RACQUET
- OUTDOOR SOCCER
- CLIMBING SHOES
- HIKING BACKPACKS
- CLIMBING HARNESSES
- PHASE 10
- HOT SHOT
- TIC TAC TOE
- HORSE SHOES
- PLAYING CARDS
- APPLES TO APPLES
Campus Recreation and Wellness
There is no shortage of activities and events for all!
If you have any other questions, please reach out to Claire Allinson (firstname.lastname@example.org)!