PIEDMONT IS #1
James Magazine has named Piedmont College the #1 private college in the state of Georgia (July 2019). Piedmont moved up from the #7-ranking in 2018! READ MORE
U.S. News & World Report
- Piedmont advanced 13 spots in the U.S. News & World Report college rankings (2019). Piedmont ranked #50 among Regional Universities, compared to #63 (2018) and #68 (2017)
- U.S. News & World Report ranked Piedmont #19 in "Social Mobility" which measures an institution's success in helping economically disadvantaged students advance in their career and life
- Piedmont ranked #2 (2019) in Georgia in the South Regional "Best Value" category, up from #5 (2018) and #4 (2017).
- On the “Best Value” list, Piedmont is one of only two Georgia institutions selected for the honor from the 142 Regional Universities in the 12-state South region (2018)
The U.S. News rankings look at a variety of factors, including tuition, class size, and selectivity. The magazine also groups colleges by the types of degrees offered. Regional Universities, including Piedmont, offer undergraduate and graduate programs, including doctoral degrees.
The magazine selected Best Value institutions based on their overall academic quality and the net cost of attending. “The higher the quality of the program and the lower the cost, the better the deal,” the editors said. “Only schools ranked in or near the top half of their categories are included, because U.S. News considers the most significant values to be among colleges that are above average academically.”
National Colleges of Distinction
- Piedmont earned recognition for the third straight year from the national Colleges of Distinction (2018)
National Colleges of Distinction is a student guide that highlights innovative undergraduate learning opportunities.
- Piedmont named one of the top “Best Bang for the Buck” colleges — 20th out of 100 — in the Southeast (2017)
- Piedmont was tagged as an “up-and-comer” by the BestColleges academic guide, which ranked it sixth among all colleges and universities in Georgia (2017)
- Piedmont ranked 35th among Best Regional Universities-South (2018)
College Consensus is comprehensive. It’s not just one voice stating an opinion – it’s many, many voices, computed objectively and equally. The College Consensus method allows every institution, from the richest and best-known university to the smallest and hardest-working regional college, to demonstrate what they do best.
- Piedmont named #1 in top-10 colleges in the state (2019)
- Piedmont named #7 in top-10 colleges in the state (2018)
James Magazine provides "an inside view into Georgia's politics, business and news." Criteria was based on standardized test scores, career placement after graduation and more.
- Piedmont named #5 in entire state of Georgia in Best Colleges ranking
Personal finance site WalletHub releases its best colleges ranking, comparing 951 of the country’s colleges and universities across seven key dimensions, such as student selectivity; cost and financing; faculty resources; campus safety; campus experience; educational outcomes and career outcomes.
- Piedmont is ranked #5 in a list that includes more than 120 institutions in the state that have an undergraduate enrollment less than 5,000
Niche, a website that researches colleges, schools, neighborhoods, and companies, has ranked Piedmont College among the top five small colleges among 120 in Georgia.
Based in Pittsburgh, Niche used student reviews, statistics, and U.S. Department of Education data to compile the ranking. Founded in 1897, Piedmont received exceptional ratings in the areas of value, academics, athletics, and diversity.