Best fit for:
• First-time college students or transfers
• Students 18-22
• Residential students at our main campus
Our Undergraduate Admissions team can help!
Piedmont & Mercer 3 + 3 program
A joint Piedmont University and Mercer Law School degree give students the opportunity to earn their bachelors of arts (BA) and juris doctor (JD) degrees in six years. The traditional path to earning a JD degree requires four years of undergraduate education and three years of law school. The 3 + 3 accelerated JD program helps qualified students reduce education costs and launch their legal career sooner.
Select Piedmont students who are majoring in Political Science or English and have completed at least 90 credit hours of coursework are eligible for the program. Other requirements include:
- A cumulative GPA of 3.5 at the time of law school application, as well as at the end of the applicant’s third year;
- Score at or above the median LSAT score of the preceding year’s entering class;
- Two academic letters of recommendation from members of the College faculty, with one of these letters written by the College Prelaw Advisor and one letter from the chair of the applicant’s department. The letters should address the maturity of the student and his or her ability to meet the rigors of the law school environment and curriculum;
- Demonstrate the character, fitness and capability of satisfactorily completing the law school program and being admitted to the bar; and;
- Complete the law school application process through the Law School Admission Council no later than January 15 of the year for which the applicant is applying to law school
Credits earned during the first year of law school are applied to both JD and BA degrees. After successfully completing their first year at Mercer Law, participating Piedmont students earn a BA and graduate with their class.
You might also be interested in one of these programs.
Prepare to Make a Life What can I do with a major inMUSICAL THEATRE?Piedmont students have gone on to pursue careers in: Acting Singing Dancing Choreographing Playing Instruments Directing Teaching…Explore this Major
Logistics and Global Operations
Reach Your Peak Potential. Piedmont graduates in Logistics and Global Operations pursue careers in: Quality Control Warehouse Management Inventory Control Transportation and Shipping Logistical Management Strategic Sourcing Distribution Green Economy Opportunities Ethical and Sustainable Sourcing…Explore this Major
Prepare to Make a Life What can I do with a major in MANAGEMENT?Piedmont students have gone on to pursue careers in: Office Manager Community Manager Staff Accountant Human Resources Generalist Client Services Manager Marketing Manager Logistics Manager Account Executive…Explore this Major