First-Year Students are students who have been out of high school for less than five years and have not enrolled in any college courses with the exception of dual enrollment courses.
We are excited that you have decided to attend Piedmont! To confirm your spot at our university, please complete the following steps by the appropriate deadline. As a reminder, you will need your Lions account to complete a number of these tasks.
- Be admitted to Piedmont University
- Pay your deposit:
- Set up your student LIONS email (only after deposit is paid, and may take up to one week to be processed).
- Complete the Financial Aid Process
- Complete a FAFSA – The FAFSA should be completed yearly between October-January. Apply early! Piedmont’s FAFSA code is 001588.
- If you don't want to complete the FAFSA, you can complete the Institutional Aid Application.
- If you are an International or DACA Student, complete the International Aid Application.
- Complete the Financial Agreement (Steps to Complete the Financial Agreement).
- Send FINAL high school transcripts, AP scores, CLEP scores and official Dual Enrollment transcripts to undergraduate admissions.
- If living on campus, complete housing forms:
- Register for a Summer Orientation:
- Complete the Fall Course Preference Survey (will be sent to students’ LIONS emails beginning in May)
- Pay balance or set up payment plan (the deadline to set up a payment plan is July 15; the deadline to pay in full is 10 days prior to the start of classes).
- Complete the Guide to the Pride online Canvas course.
- Download the Piedmont University App.
- For residential students only—enroll or waive out of the SHIP insurance (you will receive information on SHIP through LIONS email in July).
- Complete Everfi online course (you will receive information to LIONS email in early August).