Depending on the graduate program in which you wish to enroll, you may be required to take a graduate admissions test. To determine which test is required, please refer to the Admissions Requirements page.
Applicants applying to Master’s degree programs who have been previously enrolled at other institutions and who have taken six or more graduate semester hours and earned a grade of “B” or better in each course may be exempted from the test score requirement.
Miller Analogies Test (MAT)
The Office of Graduate Admissions administers the Miller Analogies Test at Piedmont College once per month in both Athens and Demorest. The testing fee is $65 payable when you come to take the test.
- The MAT is a high-level mental ability test requiring the solution of problems stated as analogies.
- Performance on the MAT is designed to reflect candidates’ analytical thinking, an ability that is critical for success in both graduate school and professional life.
- Through analogies with content from various academic subjects, MAT scores help graduate schools identify candidates whose knowledge and abilities go beyond mere memorizing and repeating information.
- The analytical skills measured by the MAT are key to success in graduate school and are highly valued by graduate programs.
- For more than fifty years, the MAT has proven to be a reliable and valid test for assessing candidates for graduate school.
- Predictive validity studies conducted by Pearson and by independent researchers have shown positive correlations between MAT scores and subsequent success in graduate programs.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 circumstances, we will not be administering the Millers Analogies Test until further notice
|May 5, 2020||May 7, 2020|
|June 2, 2020||June 4, 2020|
|Saturday June 6, 2020||Saturday June 13, 2020|
|July 7, 2020||July 9, 2020|
|August 10, 2020||August 6, 2020|
|September 1, 2020||September 3, 2020|
|October 6, 2020||October 1, 2020|
|Saturday October 17, 2020||Saturday October 10, 2020|
|November 3, 2020||November 5, 2020|
|December 1, 2020||December 3, 2020|
|January 12, 2021||January 7, 2021|
|February 2, 2021||February 4, 2021|
|March 2, 2021||March 4, 2021|
|April 6, 2021||April 1, 2021|
|Saturday April 17, 2021||Saturday April 10, 2021|
|May 4, 2021||May 6, 2021|
If you would like to register for one of the testing dates listed above, please click on the link below:
GRE Admissions Test
- Verbal Reasoning — Measures your ability to analyze and evaluate written material and synthesize information obtained from it, analyze relationships among component parts of sentences and recognize relationships among words and concepts.
- Quantitative Reasoning — Measures problem-solving ability, focusing on basic concepts of arithmetic, algebra, geometry and data analysis.
- Analytical Writing — Measures critical thinking and analytical writing skills, specifically your ability to articulate and support complex ideas clearly and effectively.
*Education Specialist: 35th percentile on the GRE verbal and quantitative sections.
*Master of Arts in Teaching: 35th percentile on the GRE verbal and quantitative sections.
*Master of Arts: 35th percentile on the GRE verbal and quantitative sections.
*Master of Business Administration: 50th percentile on the GRE.
*Master of Science in Nursing: 35th percentile on the GRE verbal and quantitative sections.
*Master of Arts in Instructional Technology: 35th percentile on the GRE verbal and quantitative sections.
Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
For information about the GRE and for testing locations near you, visit www.ets.org/gre.
Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT)
For information about the GMAT and for testing locations near you, as well as to register for the test, visit www.gmat.org.
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
For more information about the TOEFL, visit www.ets.org/toefl.
Score Recipient Codes
Score Recipient Codes for test scores to be sent to Piedmont College:
- GRE: Piedmont College Score Recipient Code 5537
- Miller Analogies Test: Piedmont College Score Recipient Code 1641
- GMAT: Piedmont College Score Recipient Code 3Q2-LX-44