Congrats to the Class of 2020!
We look forward to seeing you at Piedmont’s Commencement ceremonies for 2020 Spring and Summer graduates on July 24!
There will be two ceremonies, one for undergraduates and one for graduates from Piedmont’s graduate-level programs. Both ceremonies will be held in the Johnny Mize Athletic Center on the Demorest campus. The undergraduate ceremony will be held at 10 a.m. with a graduate-level ceremony to follow at 2 p.m.
To allow for social distancing and to protect the health of all participants, the college is implementing the following safety provisions for both ceremonies.
- Only graduates, faculty, and staff will be allowed to participate. There will be no guests.
- The ceremony will be live-streamed for family and friends, since they will be unable to attend. We’ll provide more information about how to access the live stream later.
- All participants will have their temperature scanned before entering the gymnasium.
- Graduates should arrive by 9:15 a.m. for the 10 a.m. service and by 1:15 p.m. for the 2 p.m. service in order to provide time for the temperature screening, which will be held in the Mize parking lot.
- All participants will be required to wear a face covering. The college will provide masks to those needing them.
- Seating will be arranged so that attendees are social distanced.
- In the interest of keeping the indoor ceremony brief, there will be no keynote address.
- We will have a photographer there to capture images of graduates.
- Although students will walk across the stage to be recognized, there will be no handshake.
- After the ceremony all graduates should leave the building and refrain from congregating in close groups once outside.
To RSVP and update your information for the alumni office, please visit this link. We are asking that all graduates, including those who are not participating in Commencement, to complete this form.
Piedmont is partnering with GradImages for Commencement photography. Those participating in the ceremony will receive an email notification from them a few days after the ceremony with proofs and purchase options.