The Demorest campus Fitness Center is located in the Student Commons! Make walking to the fitness center a part of your warm up!
We are excited to be in the Student Commons, which is complete with a rock climbing wall. Please see the schedule below for fitness center hours and available courses. If you would like a class time or type you don’t see, please suggest it, and we will do our best to accommodate you. Class design, time of class and instructors are subject to change. All instructors have been certified in group instruction and CPR. In addition, the staff of the FC can now offer the Piedmont Community the following classes including, but not limited to: Pilates, Yoga, Circuit, and Cardio. We are able to expand the fitness class schedule to include morning, lunch, and late-evening classes to offer a group experience for those who may need a break from studies or encouragement in starting a fitness program.
Piedmont ID is required for admittance to the Fitness Center at ALL TIMES! Thank you for your cooperation.
Fitness Center Regular Hours (Demorest)
Monday — Friday 6:30 AM - 11 PM
Saturday — Sunday 11 AM - 11 PM
Fitness/Group Classes Available
View Fitness Class Descriptions for more info.
- You must bring your ID card with you to fitness center. You will not be permitted to use the facilities without a valid ID card.
- Shirt, shorts/pants required.
- Close-toe shoes required.
- Athletic shoes must be worn on basketball court, walking tracking and fitness area at all times.
- Replace all weights to proper area after use.
- We are a Tobacco Free facility.
- Membership limited to students, faculty, and staff of Piedmont College
- Anti bacterial wipes are provided for all equipment.
- If someone is waiting, cardiovascular time limit of no more than 20 minutes on machines.
- Handle equipment with care.
- No cell phone use in Fitness Center.
- Lockers are available in the shower rooms for day use only.
- Lost and Found area is at the front desk.
Intramurals are recreational sports, such as volleyball, powder puff football and dodgeball for all students on campus. Each semester, dozens of tournaments are planned for students. Sign ups for Intamurals are in the Fitness Center located in the Student Commons. Events are held on Tuesday evenings! The Student Commons features a racquetball court, full size basketball court and an indoor track along with a rock climbing wall!
4 x 4 Sand Volleyball
Registration August 15-22
7 x 7 Flag Football
Registration September 17-21
4 x 4 Indoor Soccer
Registration October 22-26
5 x 5 Basketball
Registration January 9-30
5 x 5 Dodgeball
Registration February 25-28
4 x 4 Sand Volleyball
Registration March 18-20
Registration for all intramurals can be completed at the Lion’s Den in the Commons.
Student Activities & Wellness Events
There is no shortage of activities and events for all! Check out the official 2018-19 Student Activities & Wellness Event Calendar!