Master of Arts (M.A.) Requirements
Eligibility for application requires a bachelor’s degree with a 2.5 cumulative GPA from a regionally accredited college or university and a valid professional teaching certificate.
2. Final, Official transcript from the regionally accredited college or university awarding your bachelor’s degree. This must be submitted in a sealed envelope sent from the registrar’s office. (Piedmont College transcripts are on file.)
3. Three professional references using our online professional reference system, one each from
- Supervising administrator
- Former professor or instructor
- Professional colleague
4. Photocopy of your current, clear, renewable level 4 teaching certificate
6. Current, reported GRE General Test (minimum 800 on verbal and quantitative sections or its equivalent on the revised GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (minimum 374 scaled score). Official test scores should be sent to Graduate Admissions from the testing service.
If the applicant has completed three or more years of teaching out of the last five years with a clear, renewable teaching certificate at an accredited public or private school [SACSCOC or GAC (top two levels)], the test score is not required provided the applicant completes the Professional Admissions Option. The Professional Admissions Option requires that the applicant complete the Professional Admissions Option form and attach to it photocopies of the most recent three annual evaluations.
Note: The Professional Admissions Option is not available for application to the MA in Special Education.
7. NOTE: If you are not currently employed full-time in a school district and do not have a current background check, you must submit information to receive a cleared background check using CertifiedBackground.com.
8. Applicants for Music Education must have a Level 4 certificate in Music Education, and submit a video audition or arrange for a live audition.
9. Applicants for Art Education must have a Level 4 certificate in Art Education, and submit a portfolio of art work.