Best fit for:
Students who are:
• Service oriented.
• Willing to travel/live/work anywhere.
• Detail oriented.
Who will my professors be?
Our Undergraduate Admissions team can help!
We develop leaders.
With an economic impact of $60 billion annually, hospitality and tourism make up the second-largest industry in the state of Georgia. Piedmont’s Hospitality & Tourism Management (HSTM) Program blends thoughtful classroom learning with the real-world experience that will help you grow and thrive in this fast-growing field.
Students in the HSTM concentration will:
- Benefit from Piedmont’s partnerships with The Classic Center Authority, The Classic Center Cultural Foundation, and many local restaurants and hotels.
- Learn how to apply the sound business and management practices that are a cornerstone of a Harry W. Walker College of Business education in a fast-paced, customer-oriented atmosphere.
- Be equipped with the skills needed to become a leader in their chosen field, such as restaurant and hotel management, wedding and event planning, and more.
- Develop important contacts in the hospitality and tourism industry that will pave the way for career opportunities.
- Have the opportunity to work in The Classic Center and learn from the staff there.
What classes will I take?
BUSA 2030. Information Systems for Business
ACCT 2010. Financial Accounting
ACCT 2020. Managerial Accounting
BUSA 2140. Legal Environment of Business
BUSA 2210. Introduction to Macroeconomics
BUSA 2700. Principles of Management
BUSA 2200. Principles of Marketing
BUSA 3400. Business Finance
BUSA 3500. Business Analytics II
BUSA 3700. Project Management
BUSA 4000. International Business
BUSA 4882. Management Information Systems
BUSA 4892. Strategic Management
If a student has completed BUSA 4030 they should take BUSA 4882 as a general elective if their schedule permits.
BUSA 3802. The Hotel Development Process 3
BUSA 3842. Cost Control in the Hospitality and Tourism Industry 3
BUSA 4700. Business Internship 3
BUSA 4842. The Marketing and Management of Tourism and Special Events 3
BUSA 4852. Club Management 3
Prepare to Make a Life
What can I do with a major in
HOSPITALITY & TOURISM MANAGEMENT?
Piedmont students have gone on to pursue careers in:
- Guest Relations
- Restaurant Manager
- Travel Agent
- Tour Guide
- Marketing and Public Relations