The application for the Master of Arts in Professional Counseling program is now open for FALL 2023.
Admission Deadlines for Fall 2023
- Priority Deadline – February 15, 2023
- Regular Deadline – April 15, 2023
- Late Deadline – June 15, 2023
- Space Available Deadline – August 1, 2023
Applicants seeking graduate admission into the program must have a bachelor’s (undergraduate) degree with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better from an accredited college or university. The degree may be in any discipline. The GRE is waived.
In addition to a completed online application, the materials listed below should be submitted for the application review.
- Three professional references – Ideally these will be from a college instructor, mentor or supervisor.
- Official transcript(s) from all institutions you attended. (Electronic transcripts are allowed)
- Statement of Intent addressing personal and professional interests in the professional counseling field: personal background and work history related to counseling field; career goals in the field; and aptitude for succeeding in graduate level education.
- Current resume detailing education, work experiences, leadership activities, and volunteer/service work.
- Background Check: A criminal background check is required for students entering the Piedmont University Master of Arts in Professional Counseling program. Some state licensure boards will not issue a professional counseling license to those with a failed background check. Clinical sites also adhere to this policy as well. We believe it is our ethical responsibility to inform applicants prior to entering the program of the ineligibility of licensure and employment due to failed background checks. All background checks are at the expense of the applicant. This report must be submitted no later than the student’s second semester in the program. Failure to submit the background check will result in a hold being placed on the student’s account preventing future registration.
Once all documentation has been received, the counseling faculty will review and invite eligible applicants to a virtual interview to determine fit with the program and the profession. Here is the admission interview schedule:
- Early Admission Interviews
- November 15, 2022
- January 17, 2023
- Additional Interview Dates
- March 14, 2023
- May 16, 2023
Acceptance letters into the program are generally sent out within one week of the interview. A mandatory virtual program orientation is required before the start of the semester. This date will be in the acceptance letter.