The application for the Master of Arts in Professional Counseling program is now open for FALL 2022.
Admission Deadlines for Fall 2022
- Priority Deadline – February 15, 2022
- Regular Deadline – April 15, 2022
- Late Deadline – June 15, 2022
- Space Available Deadline – August 1, 2022
Applicants seeking graduate admission into the program must have a bachelor’s (undergraduate) degree with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better from an accredited college or university. The degree may be in any discipline. The GRE is waived.
In addition to a completed online application, the materials listed below should be submitted for the application review.
- Three professional references – Ideally these will be from a college instructor, mentor or supervisor.
- Official transcript(s) from all institutions you attended. (Electronic transcripts are allowed)
- Statement of Intent addressing personal and professional interests in the professional counseling field: personal background and work history related to counseling field; career goals in the field; and aptitude for succeeding in graduate level education.
- Current resume detailing education, work experiences, leadership activities, and volunteer/service work.
- Background check: Some states licensure boards will not issue a professional counseling license to those with a failed background check. Clinical sites also adhere to this policy as well. If an applicant has concerns regarding such, it is recommended they order a criminal background check from a reputable agency. We believe it is our ethical responsibility to inform applicants prior to entering the program of the ineligibility of licensure and employment due to failed background checks. All background checks are at the expense of the applicant.
Admission decisions cannot be made until all application materials have been received.
Once all documentation has been received, the counseling faculty will review and invite eligible applicants to a virtual interview to determine fit with the program and the profession. Acceptance letters into the program are generally sent out within one week of the interview. A mandatory virtual program orientation is required before the start of the semester. This date will be in the acceptance letter.