Skip to main content

Getting Started - Transfer Students

1.    After you have registered for eBenefits through the VA website,, you will need to fill out the Request for Change of Program or Place of Training (22-1995) form. Please notify the school certifying official (SCO) that you are transferring your benefits and provide a copy of the 22-1995 form or scan and email to Caroline Passini. Then submit the form to the appropriate VA office.

2.    After completing step one, you will receive your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) in the mail. Bring a copy of this COE to the Registrar’s Office or scan and email to Caroline Passini or fax to 706.776.2811. 

3.    Complete the Veteran Request for Certification Form

4.    After completing steps 1-2, you are now able to register for classes on the appropriate date. Once you register for classes, the school certifying official will be able to submit your enrollment certification in VA Once (VA Certification Online). Certifications are normally done at least 2-3 weeks prior to the start of the semester.