Resume writing appointments are designed to help students learn more about resume formatting, wordsmithing, and employer expectations.
During this appointment, the counselor will discuss what employers are looking for in a cover letter and how to make one stand out.
Students can learn the tips and tricks to ace your interview during this appointment. They will practice and answer questions while discussing strategies to help organize experiences. Students can also schedule this appointment to conduct a practice mock interview.
This appointment type is designed to help students discuss their major and career options at Piedmont College and beyond.
Students should schedule this appointment to take career exploration assessments and have them interpreted in session. This appointment is perfect for undecided or exploring students who are trying to find a major that is right for them.
If a student is considering graduate school, this appointment is for them. Together with the counselor, students will discuss if graduate school is good option for their career goals and the steps they will need take to apply.
This appointment type is designed for students seeking guidance on job and internship searching. Students will learn more about where to search for a position, what to look for, and how to ensure their application materials will wow the recruiter.
SuccessLink is Piedmont College's all-in-one platform for student success. Within this resource, students can search and apply for jobs, schedule appointments, take assessments, create a profile and engage in online video learning.
LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network on the Internet with millions of member’s worldwide. LinkedIn connects you to your trusted contacts and helps you exchange knowledge, ideas, and opportunities with a broader network of professionals. For a video introduction on how to get started with LinkedIn click here.
The LinkedIn Alumni Directory allows members to search for alumni from Piedmont College. Access the LinkedIn Alumni Directory. This site is not affiliated with PC but it is a great networking tool for Piedmont alumni and students on LinkedIn. Join the Piedmont College Alumni LinkedIn Group!
How to Search:
• Members of LinkedIn can search the LinkedIn Alumni Directory.
• Use the interactive graphs to search by “Where they live,” “Where they work” or “What they do.” If you click on the arrow on the right side of the page you can also explore alumni careers based on “What they studied,” “What they’re skilled at,” and “How you are connected” on LinkedIn.
• Click on “See More” below each category to expand the search options.
• Use the magnifying glass icon under each category to search a specific area, company, major or skill.
• Once you have selected your search criteria the alumni profiles are listed at the bottom of the page for you to connect with via LinkedIn.
LinkedIn Blog: Start mapping your career with LinkedIn Alumni
LinkedIn Blog: The best way to Network with Alumni on LinkedIn
LinkedIn Video: What is LinkedIn?