The Bachelor of Arts degree in Leadership Studies includes concentrations in Communications, Organizational Leadership, and Human Behavior. Students enrolled in the program will select two of the concentrations, which will be offered through both the Demorest and Athens campuses.
This hybrid program is designed especially for students who may have already earned a two-year degree or have completed some courses toward a four-year degree. The major will be taught online and with a classroom element to provide the best of both worlds: face-to-face instruction from professors and the convenience of working from home. This program meets a real need to provide non-traditional students a path to graduation with a BA degree that can boost their careers.
Take the Next Step
- Must submit free online application
- Must submit official transcripts from any college attended
- Click to learn how to apply for financial aid (FAFSA, etc.)
Credit from CLEP, Military, and Experiential Credit
- Click here for Clep.Collegeboard.org.
- Experiential credit
Learning acquired outside of classroom participation can be a valuable contribution to a liberal arts education, and Piedmont provides an opportunity for enrolled students to receive academic credit for such learning.
The portfolio is the method used whereby students can demonstrate learning prior to and during their time at the College. Because portfolio assessment is competence based, students need to demonstrate mastery of transferable skills acquired through the professional work experience and/or community service. An experiential credit information packet may be obtained from the Registrar’s Office. The charge for experiential credit is $50 per credit hour. No experiential credit will be granted during a student’s final semester. Students may also earn Advanced Placement and/or International Baccalaureate credit.
- There will be an optional one credit hour course to work with advisor to complete the process.
- Veterans of the U.S. Armed Services and members of the military reserve may receive academic credit for military training based on recommendations of the American Council of Education (ACE). Click here for veterans services