Skip to main content

About MSMA

Mason-Scharfenstein Museum of Art

567 Georgia Street, Demorest, GA 30535

Opened in 2011, the Mason-Scharfenstein Museum of Art is the permanent home for art donated to the college by Dr. Bill Mason, a member of the Class of 1957, and Bob Scharfenstein, both of Birmingham, Ala. In addition to the permanent collection, student, faculty, and visiting shows are presented throughout the year.

The museum has two permanent galleries as well as a changing exhibit space that hosts national and international shows throughout the academic year. It is the aim of the Mason-Scharfenstein Museum of Art to support the mission of Piedmont College by hosting cultural and intellectual events and also the yearly senior capstone art shows.

HOURS: Monday - Saturday 8 AM - 5 PM

CONTACT: 706-894-4201 | museum@piedmont.edu

 

Smith-Williams Studios

568 Laurel Ave., Demorest GA 30535

A modern, three-story glass and steel building, the Smith-Williams Studios provide more than 26,000 square feet of instructions space for ceramics, wood and metal working,
a photo studio and darkroom, computer graphics lab, printmaking and sculpture. An adjacent building houses six ceramics kilns and a bronze furnace.

 

Smith-Williams Gallery

568 Laurel Ave., Demorest GA 30535

The Studios also house a gallery featuring large windows, natural light, and bright space used for regional and student exhibitions.

 

Mason Galleries

365 College Drive, Demorest GA 30535

Open for special events and by appointment, the Mason Galleries at the Swanson Center display special exhibits and artwork from the permanent collection of the Mason-
Scharfenstein Museum of Art. The galleries are named for Piedmont alumnus Dr. Bill Mason.