Education Specialist Entrance Requirements
Eligibility for application requires a master’s degree with a 3.5 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale from a regionally accredited college or university, a current clear, renewable level 5 T or S certificate and two or more years of verified successful teaching experience at a public or a private school accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) or the Georgia Accrediting Commission Inc. (GAC) at the Accredited With Quality (AWQ) or Accredited (ACC) level. Please note: This program is technology intensive and candidates must possess appropriate skills in order to be successful.
2. Official transcript from college or university awarding your master's degree (Piedmont College transcripts are on file)
3. Three professional references using our online professional reference system,
a: Supervising administrator
b: Former professor or instructor
c: Professional colleague
4. Copy of valid, clear-renewable current certificate at the appropriate level.
(Note: If your certificate is not a Georgia certificate and you desire to be certified in Georgia, you must complete all requirements through Professional Standards Commission [PSC].)
5. GRE General Test or Miller Analogies Test score. (More information). Note: This is not required if you earned your master's degree from Piedmont College.
6. Photocopies of the two most recent annual evaluations. Classroom observations are not acceptable. These must verify two years of satisfactory experience in accredited public or private schools. (This can be completed using the online reference system.)