Career Services Office
The office of Career Services can help you make important decisions regarding your career path and job search. Email me for an appointment so we can get started!
CareerBeam (Virtual Career Success Center)
Piedmont College is excited to announce our new Virtual Career Success Center. Through our continued efforts to meet your career management needs, we have partnered with CareerBeam to bring you the best career development information and the best company and industry research tools, available in the market. The Career Success Center has a career development seminar series that has assessments, professional resume & cover letter builders and search strategy resources for you. Just a few highlights and features now available to you include:
• Research on millions of Companies: Including over 60M organizations in more than 170 countries; containing company overviews, key information and business intelligence. You'll have access to 70M Company contacts, many with biographies and contact information, which is great for connecting with alumni.
• Research on hundreds of Industries: Access to information such as recent developments, business challenges, trends and opportunities on hundreds of industry segments - get current financial information and insights as well.
• Job Postings: The most updated job posting databases containing millions of jobs from multiple sources including internships, entry-level, professional and executive jobs. Postings are continuously authenticated to remove outdated postings and you can create alerts and find connections through social media.
• Self-evaluation: Take a look at who you are today. CareerBeam's unique career assessment tools factor in your values, temperament, interests and personality to help you develop — and achieve — career goals.
• Create professional resumes and cover letters: Whether you are writing a first-time resume or updating a previous one, use CareerBeam for building an accomplishment-based resume and cover letter.
• Prepare for Interview and Beyond: Review interview questions with tips on answers; view videos of effective responses; or record your own answers for review and feedback.
• Networking & Social Media: Social media integration allowing users to leverage their contacts in Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter to network and identify potential connections and positions.
• All of this and more in ONE location: You won't be asked to visit numerous sites and resources. It is all under one roof!
To self-register and begin using our career success center immediately, CLICK HERE.
Need a job or internship?
Follow our twitter feed job board. You do not need a twitter account to access this resource. www.twitter.com/pccareerboard
"An interactive 10 step system that takes the guesswork out of getting hired, TODAY!" Piedmont students have access to a free account, using your Lions email and FFA as your access/coupon code. This program has helped over 250,000 college grads just like you land their dream jobs.
- All the planning is done for you. Just follow the system.
- Over 70 1-2 min simple videos that cover everything you need to find a job today.
- You even have a personal career coach to answer all your questions.
If you are undecided about a major/career or second-guessing what you have already chosen, the center has resources to help you find your way. One-on-one discussions and inventories addressing strengths, weaknesses, interests, and values tend to be the most effective methods for identifying a career path. To get started, simply make an appointment!
What additional resources are offered?
- Career Options and Planning
- Individual and group discussions regarding careers
- Resume Building
- Cover Letter Writing
- Interview Skills, including mock interviews
Is there a fee?
How do I make an appointment?