Financial Aid Application Procedures
Demorest and Athens Undergraduate Students
STEP 1: SUBMIT A REQUEST FOR FINANCIAL AID. CHOOSE OPTION #1 OR #2.
Submit the Piedmont College Nonfederal Aid Application (Decline FAFSA Form):
To apply for ONLY Piedmont College scholarships and NOT apply for loans or need-based grants, apply online at Financial Aid. This application must be printed and completed annually.
Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA):
To apply for need-based grants and student loans complete the FAFSA. This application must be completed annually. (Directions below)
STEP 2: GEORGIA RESIDENTS: APPLY FOR STATE AID
Complete the online Georgia Student Finance Application (GSFApp) at www.gacollege411.org to apply for the Georgia Tuition Equalization Grant and the Hope Scholarship. This application has to be completed only once during your enrollment at Piedmont. For instructions regarding how to apply, click here.
STEP 3: ALLOW TIME FOR PROCESSING YOUR APPLICATION
Typically, financial aid award letters are mailed to students 14-21 days after the file is complete.
STEP 4: COMPLETE YOUR FINANCIAL AID FILE
- After you receive your award letter, review it and read all enclosed information carefully.
- To accept and finalize student loans, you must complete both of the following:
- Master Promissory Note (MPN) at www.studentloans.gov (you will need your PIN)
- Entrance Counseling at www.studentloans.gov.
- Sign, date, and return the award letter to Financial Aid before the expiration date.