About Kappa Pi
Upsilon Chapter at Piedmont College
Kappa Pi is an international honorary art society based on artistic merit and academic excellence. Since its establishment in October 2005 at Piedmont College, Kappa Pi, Chapter Zeta Alpha Upsilon, has been dedicated to providing a voluntary, non-profit base support according to our goals and objectives. Kappa Pi’s interest is in uniting artists who care about art in its role in life, bonding conscientious artists together to form a unit which is influential in the Department of Art as well as the greater community.
To become a member of Kappa Pi, one must first meet the minimum requirements:
1) completion of 12 semester hours in art;
2) attainment of an overall 3.0 GPA in all art courses;
3) an overall academic average of 2.5 GPA;
4) produces outstanding artwork.
If one meets these minimum requirements then he/she is eligible for membership in Kappa Pi. Students may be selected for membership in Kappa Pi by the following ways:
1) through nominations by several faculty members of the Department of Art and/or
2) a portfolio review. Art history majors are chosen mainly on their academic standing.